|Horn Point K-12 Environmental Science Education
These activities are designed to acquaint students with the ecology of
aquatic environs (bay, river, marsh and freshwater pond). The study of
the interrelationships between aquatic plants and animals can be
explored through a variety of activities including seining, plankton
and benthic (bottom) sampling, marsh walks, and water quality analysis
(seine netting, benthic trays, water quality/chemistry, plankton
studies, marsh activities). Seine and cast nets, plankton nets,
buckets, water testing meters/kits, dissecting and compound
microscopes, video microscope & monitor, field guides and keys are
available for use. (Group sizes 5-15; Grades K-12).
Other programs include:
- Astronomy (Group size 5-10; Grades 6-12).
- Canoeing & Water Safet (Group sizes 10-20; Grades 5-12).
- Field Studies (Groups sizes 10-20; Grades 4-12).
- Forestry (Group sizes 10-20; Graders K-12).
- Orienteering (Group size 10-20; Grades 5-12).
- Soil Studies (Group sizes 5-15; Grades 5-12).
- Weather (Group sizes 5-15; Grades 4-12).
- Wildlife (Group sizes 10-30; Grades 2-12).
| Contact Information:|
Horn Point Laboratory, 2020 Horn Point Road, Cambridge, MD 21613
410- 221- 8483, firstname.lastname@example.org