Making an Algae Bloom
Prelab Question: Can algae grow if optimal abiotic condtions are present?
1. Divide the students into small groups of four.
2. Provide groups with listed materials.
3. Label each contianer - Container #1- Nutrients and Container # 2- Control
4. Measure 500 ml of water and add to each container.
5. Add five drops of algal culture to each container.
6. Cover container labeled "Control" with a piece of foil.
7. Add five drops of liquid fertilizer to nurtient container.
8. Cover container labeled "Nutrients" with a piece of foil.
9. Place both containers in a sunny window for light exposure and temperature. ( The same areas assures that the abiotic factors are the same.)
10. Make observations dail for one week and record on data table. (See Attached)
Using the Lab Report Template complete your lab report. Make sure your lab report includes the following: